ESI provides specialized consulting engineering services to A/E firms, building owners and industry in vibration control and isolation design for buildings and equipment. We have a broad range of qualifications in vibration engineering, combining structural, architectural, industrial and mechanical engineering on our staff. We are experts in instrumentation, signal analysis and vibration measurements, particularly low amplitude measurements for the most sensitive research, medical and manufacturing facilities.
ESI offers vibration control engineering services in the following areas:
- Design of structures, isolation systems and foundations to reduce shock and vibration.
- Finite Element Analysis to evaluate floor vibration from footfall and mechanical equipment.
- Application of AISC Design Guide 11 - Floor Vibrations Due to Human Activity.
- Detailed calculations of shock and vibration in structures and equipment.
- Vibration Criteria (VC) curves and their interpretation.
- Permissible vibration levels for people, buildings and equipment.
- Evaluation of LRT vibration and noise.
- Vibration measurement and evaluation from traffic, trains, people and equipment.
- Sensitive equipment vibration surveys - MRI, CT, NMR, electron microscopes, AFM.
- Vibration qualification surveys for sensitive semiconductor wafer fabs and cleanrooms - steppers, photolithography, wafer defect inspection.
- Analysis and design of floor structures for hospitals and other sensitive facilities for footfall.
- Design of special structures for intra-operative MRI systems.
- Troubleshooting vibration problems in existing buildings, hospitals and sensitive manufacturing facilities.
- Solutions for process and machine problems.
- Construction documents for shock and vibration isolation systems.
- Isolation specifications for new construction, facility expansions, and retrofits.
- Design of custom equipment stands.
- Design of Tuned Mass Dampers and Load Limiting Columns.
- Custom systems for monitoring vibration over long periods of time.
We specialize in precision manufacturing, laboratory and hospital facilities. Recently, ESI has been involved with design of many microscopy, medical imaging and semiconductor facilities. We use a wide array of software and equipment to provide our customers with effective solutions to complex problems.