ESI provides specialized consulting engineering services to A/E firms and industry in noise control and isolation design for buildings and equipment. We have a broad range of qualifications in noise control engineering, combining architectural, mechanical, industrial and structural engineering on our staff. We are experts in instrumentation, signal analysis and noise measurements.
ESI offers noise control engineering services in the following areas:
- Architectural Acoustics - partition STC design, floor IIC design, NC levels.
- Environmental Acoustics and Noise Control.
- Detailed noise calculations.
- Design of systems to reduce noise, including partitions, enclosures and barriers.
- HVAC and emergency generator noise analysis and control.
- Mechanical equipment noise and isolation.
- MRI noise analysis and design for hospitals, clinics and research facilities.
- Noise Criteria (NC), codes and permissible noise levels for both indoor and outdoor environments.
- ASHRAE, IBC, MPCA, FGI/ASHE Guidelines, OSHA and other requirements.
- Industrial, office building, hospital, multi-family and educational projects.
- Open office speech privacy, including ACT selection, cubical layout and masking systems.
- Reverberation Time (RT-60) measurements and calculations.
- Measuring and evaluating noise from traffic, trains, aircraft, people and equipment.
- Evaluation of LRT noise and vibration.
- Ground-borne and structure-borne noise transmission and control.
- Community noise surveys.
- Troubleshooting noise problems in existing buildings and equipment.
- Construction documents for noise control systems.
- Specifications for noise control devices and systems.
- Specifications for new construction, facility expansions, and retrofits.
- Custom systems for monitoring noise over long periods of time.
- Expert witness.
We strive to understand our clients needs, the technical challenges of the problem and then, through a collaborative effort, develop effective yet economical solutions.